Wealden Services Ltd operates an Integrated Management System incorporating ISO 9001:2008 (Quality), ISO 14001:2004 (Environmental) and BS OHAS
18001:2007 (Health & Safety), incorporating the relevant regulations, legal requirements, industry-agreed Codes of Practice and other relevant industry standards. It is mandatory that the Company's policies, systems and procedures are recognised and adhered to by all personnel.
The Company is committed to providing a responsive, reliable and socially responsible service:
- by ensuring that they understand the specifications and commitments that they undertake, in order that they are able to meet the customers' requirements first time, every time
- by ensuring that its work and processes do not contribute to environmental pollution, through endeavouring to minimise emissions, effluents, waste generation and its disposal
- by ensuring high standards of health and safety at work, through taking all reasonably practicable precautions to prevent the injury and ill health of all who may be affected by the company's activities
- by ensuring that staff have the necessary skills, information, training and resources to make these commitments effective
- by reviewing and continually improving operations and the Integrated Management System.
This policy is further explained and disseminated to all staff in Specific Policy Documents, Operating Procedures, Staff Handbooks and Training which detail the practical operations and methodologies necessary to ensure compliance.
The System Manager, reporting directly to the Managing Director, is responsible for monitoring the Integrated Management System and for continued compliance with this policy, including initiating and co-ordinating any action required to correct non-conformances.